Thursday, January 05, 2006

this is how we do it... in east lansing

post holidays and i am unwinding in good ol' east lansing. well, unwinding might be misleading, especially considering i wasn't very 'wound' when i got here... the holidays are cool like that. since i got here on tuesday, i nearly killed myself while repairing a defective light switch at jim's house. sparks flew, pops were heard, and my life flashed before my eyes. then i turned off the *correct* breaker and saved myself from future scares. that was great, especially since the kitchen now glows as it ought to. now i must begin the process of repainting the kitchen. it seems like a lot of work, but i keep imagining how beautiful it will look when i finish and that keeps me interested in the job. that and praise. i like praise.

last night i watched eddie izzard's glorious and laughed until my gut ached and tears welled up in my eyes. i woke up this morning to a lightly falling snow. got dressed and walked to the coffee shop and chatted with paul. i thought about moving back to east lansing... at some points of my prior stay here, i would have bemoaned the thought. i was a different person then. plus i had hopes that i've found to be, well, not exactly fulfilled. but hopes can be unfulfilled without leaving a person feeling void and empty. dashed hopes can remind a person what was more important and what he was capable of. plus, dashed hopes can be transferred to new and better dreams and imaginations.

i find myself missing new york at times. i both dread and eagerly await returning. its a strange kind of disposition to have.

5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Elise said...

God, that sounds nice. I wish I still had vacations that long. Send pictures once the painting is done!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Syd Dangerous said...

matt. you know...it must be the ultrajam to have so many girls post on your blog.

i feel like i should trade in my penis.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger matthew said...

yeah. its pretty sweet, but i also like it when DANGEROUS people post on my blog.

just out of curiousity... what would you trade your penis for, if you could?

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Syd Dangerous said...

i would trade it for one extra hour each day. it would be all mine and i could insert it at whatever point i chose and do with it as i pleased. at the beginning of the next day it would grow back.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger matthew said...

why not two hours? or more?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home